How to live the park
Dedicated to the visitors of the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites
The Institution of the Friulian Dolomites Natural Park involves the promotion and spread of the naturalistic features of the area, but it must always keep in mind to ensure a fair and consistent “usability”, also compatible with the guidelines of a “sustainable development” that is proportionate and manageable by local forces.
How to visit the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites?
- always assume an attitude of discretion and respect for everything you perceive
- try to make your presence as little as possible and leave the least possible trace of your passage
- collect only images, impressions and memories, respect plants and flowers in their environment so they can be admired by everyone
- if you meet animals, do not approach and not scare them. If you have a dog with you, keep it on a leash
- also respect reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates and insects, they are also necessary for the stability of ecosystems
- do not light fires unless in the areas equipped
- do not collect fossils, rocks and minerals; they have been there for millions of years because no one has taken them away
- if you want to listen to music focus on what surrounds you in nature
- pitch the tent just in case of extreme necessity
- remember that picking up mushrooms needs an authorization issued by the municipalities
- always bring home your rubbish
- if you find signs of other people’s rudeness (non-degradable waste) and you want to make a good action collect them and bring them to the Municipality Eco-center
- if you come across a war device does not pick it up, it could be dangerous. Better report it to the the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites
- be always informed and keep in touch with the contact points of the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites (Visitors Centers, Information Offices and Headquarters)
- follow the advice given on the valley floor signage (parking spaces and areas)
- preferably walk along the primary paths of the Natural Park (those marked with wooden tables and well highlighted on the publications of the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites)
- take advantage of the support structures (alpine huts – hospitalization and bivouacs) only if really necessary, following the instructions on their use (notices displayed on the entries)
- report any irregularity
- wear clothing suitable for mountain territory
- if you do not know a route, a path or a trail rely on the nature and mountain guides and mountain guides of the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites
- Travel as much as you can on foot, to better enjoy the beauty of nature
- suggest proposals to promote the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites in the pursuit of conservation, promotion, research, education and experimentation objectives.
Some of these simple rules of common sense and good education are monitored and enforced by the Forestry agents that can apply the penalties prescribed in the law.
Thanks for your cooperation.