Studies and research
ROCK PATRIDGE AND CORN CRAKE
- Rock partridge and corn crake – 2012
- Rock partridge and corn crake – 2011
- Rock partridge and corn crake – 2010
- Botanical studies Palzza – Buscada – 2012
- Botanical studies Cypripedium calceolus habitats – 2011
- Botanical studies Ciadin della Meda – 2011
- Geo- morphological study-2011-A
- Geo- morphological study-2011-B
- Preliminary study on the dinosaur – 1998
The veterinary medical approach in the health management of a park is very different from the ambulatory clinical practice. The “Eco-pathological” approach and the use of Bio-medicine methods are the basic tools for the health management of a protected area.
Specifically, the veterinary activities in the Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites operates on several fronts that can be summarized as follows:
- medical and veterinary assistance for the implementation of the Plan of health monitoring of the Park Fauna;
- collaboration with Analysis Laboratories (Animal Disease Prevention Institutes, Universities, private laboratories,
- veterinary management of projects involving wildlife captures (chamois, ibex, marmot) in individual wildlife
- management of health protocols and veterinary examinations on possible animals to be re-introduced in the
- movements monitoring of sheep and goats in the
- control and Health Check (in consultation with the territorial Veterinary Department) of bovine animals in the Park area
- care and monitoring of the birds in the Birds of Prey Center of Andreis;
The veterinary clinic of Andreis is a Park health facility not open to the public. It is located on the ground floor of the Municipality of Andreis, in front of the area where there are the aviaries.
The veterinary clinic is used for the care of hospitalized birds of prey and as a reference point for the health monitoring of ungulates of the Park.
The Medical Director of the Park Clinic is Dr. Silvia Pussini; the animals in the recovery center are being looked after in cooperation with other operators in the Park.
Meetings and scientific cooperation
The Natural Park of the Friulian Dolomites, concerning with the health monitoring project of the fauna housed in, works in collaboration with Italian and foreign scientific institutions.
Refresher meetings on specific issues that concern the alpine fauna with particular reference to health aspects are organized regularly.
- Zooprophylaxis Institute of
- University of
- National Wildlife Health Services, USA